Freelance Jobs online
Do a way to make cash on-line with freelance jobs? What are freelance jobs? Are all freelance jobs scams? How lots money can you make with freelance jobs? read on for all of the answers.
Freelance jobs facts
What are freelance jobs?
Folks who do freelance jobs are called Freelancers.
Freelancers are impartial contractors who provide offerings to customers in go back for fee by the hour or with the aid of the task.
Independent contractor vs self employed
At the beginning look, there does not seem to be any variations between being an independent contractor and self-hired. but there are.
The principle variations are:
- An independent contractor solutions to clients and need to obtain the dreams and preferred consequences clients set.
- Self employed don’t answer to clients and sets their very own dreams and preferred results.
Relying on in which you live, the difference may additionally have an effect on the way you file your tax returns.
Pros and cons of freelance jobs
Many people assume running freelance is great. they are right. but there are downsides as well.
So right here are the pros and cons of freelance jobs:
- Do not need a website – you could promote it your services and discover freelance jobs on the various freelance marketplaces on-line.
- Extra freedom to pick out your paintings schedule.
- Can work from everywhere, at home or at your nearby cafe.
- Can stay and paintings anywhere in the world.
- Greater kind of work.
- Benefit a wider revel in of labor and skills.
- No need to travel to and from paintings: spend the time operating rather.
- Being capable of spend greater time together with your family.
- No need to get dressed for work, until you need to see customers.
- May additionally spend greater time finding work than genuinely doing the paintings.
- Having to compete with people outside of your city or u . s . a ..
- Might also require initial installation prices, if you don’t already have all the necessary commercial enterprise system.
- You have to solution to customers.
- You must observe the dreams and preferred results set by using clients.
- Uncertainty of work and earnings.
- Having to do the whole thing your self. as an example: admin responsibilities, invoicing, and so on.
- Should pay your own taxes.
- Loss of social interaction can cause emotions of isolation.
- Lack of employer advantages consisting of medical health insurance, retirement fund, and many others.
- Loss of paid vacations.
As you could see, there are lots of professionals and cons to working freelance. it is not for everyone. recollect the pros and cons of freelancing earlier than making the soar.
Are online freelance jobs scams?
I did a variety of research on this topic. And here’s the belief I came to…
Online freelance jobs are certainly a valid way to make cash online.
Groups imparting freelance jobs do not rate for packages. in case you come across online freelance jobs that require fee for making use of or extra records, run the opposite way! 🙂
If you have any evaluations or stories with freelance jobs, please post your feedback at the lowest of this web page.
How much can I earn with freelance jobs?
How much money you make with freelance jobs depend on:
- Hours you work.
- how much you charge per hour or project.
- Projects you take on.
- how much competition there is for the type of work you do.
oDesk freelance marketplace stats
Here are some interesting oDesk oConomy stats for April 2012. oDesk is a popular freelance marketplace.
- Earned on oDesk: $27,759,542
- Hours worked: 2,750,021
- Jobs posted: 143,310
Average hourly income on oDesk
Based on those stats we can calculate the average hourly income as follows:
$27,759,542 (earned on oDesk)
÷ 2,750,021 (hours worked)
= $10.09 per hour.
Based on my research so far $10 an hour compares favorably with what many other online jobs pay.
Of course this is just the average hourly income. Many freelance jobs pay a much higher average hourly rate. Learn to do those higher paying jobs if you want to make more money.
Average income per job posted on oDesk
We can also calculate the average income per job posted as follows:
$27,759,542 (earned on oDesk)
÷ 143,301 (jobs posted)
= $193.71 per job posted.
Note that $193.71 is for ‘jobs posted’. I’m sure there are jobs posted that didn’t start for whatever reason. With a lower job completion number, the average income earned per job would no doubt be higher.
Average duration per job on oDesk
We can also calculate the average number of hours per job posted as follows:
2,750,021 (hours worked)
÷ 143,310 (jobs posted)
= 19.19 hours worked per job posted.
Freelance job market statistics
To give you an idea of the freelance activity marketplace, right here are some stats from oDesk. these stats are correct at the time of writing.
Freelance jobs per category
The table below shows the number of freelance jobs broken down by category.
Web development jobs are by far the most popular category with almost 1 in 3 freelance jobs advertised on oDesk.
Hourly vs fixed price freelance jobs
The table under shows the number of hourly as opposed to fixed rate freelance jobs. in keeping with oDesk, hourly freelance jobs are moderate greater famous than constant rate freelance jobs.
Freelance job workload
The table below shows the range of freelance jobs broken down through the workload. The “workload” is the variety of hours in keeping with week clients predicted a contractor to paintings:
- Brief: much less than 10 hours consistent with week.
- Element time: 10 to 30 hours according to week.
- Complete time jobs: 30 hours per week.
Full time freelance jobs are via a ways the maximum popular with three out of every 5 jobs at oDesk.
Freelance jobs duration
The table under shows the number of freelance jobs damaged down by means of kind of how long the patron thinks the task will last – this applies to hourly jobs handiest.
- Much less than per week.
- Much less than a month.
- 1 to 3 months.
- 3 to six months.
- Ongoing / extra than 6 months.
Freelance jobs lasting much less than a month is by using far the maximum popular with seventy nine% of the jobs published on oDesk.
In advance we determined that 60% of freelance jobs at oDesk are complete time. this means most people of freelance jobs advertised at oDesk are complete time lasting less than a month. Hmm… exciting!
Freelance jobs posting days
The desk below indicates the quantity of freelance jobs broken down by using the quantity of days on account that they had been published.
Over 1,500 freelance jobs had been published in oDesk in the final 24 hours. pleasant!
Almost 33,000 jobs had been published in the closing 30 days. Wow!
Unemployment can be an difficulty in the off-line global. but there are masses of jobs on-line. is not it time you try earning profits running on-line? 🙂
Top 10 freelance job tips
I’ve outsourced nine freelance jobs on oDesk.com ranging from $50 to $14,000. i have paid freelancers $five to $forty an hour.
Here are my top 10 tips to enhance your probabilities of attracting task gives on freelance task sites:
1- Get pinnacle search engine scores:
Employers often invite freelancers to bid on a task. but employers can simplest invite freelancers if they recognize they exist.
They locate them the usage of the freelance web page’s seek engine. So try to get your listing to seem within the first few pages of search effects, preferably the first page.
How to get pinnacle search engine ratings
There are numerous elements to getting pinnacle ratings. Having the right key phrases to your profile might be the largest factor.
So encompass applicable keywords for your job name and outline that customers may additionally use to search for freelancers.
A few freelance websites which include oDesk allow you to enter your talents into your profile. those are the key phrases that appear on your task title .
Enter your talents inside the order that you think will entice the most customers. It goes with out saying that you must be sincere approximately the capabilities you claim to have.
If I don’t know you exist, none of the other hints matter. So spend a while on getting pinnacle seek engine rankings.
2- Make an excellent first impression together with your image:
It is regularly stated that people purchase from human beings they like.
The reality is potential employers will choose you on the manner you you appearance. I constantly examine a freelancer’s profile photograph.
So make sure you operate a nice, clear, shade image of you with a heat, real smile to make a very good first impression.
Believe the face you would gift when you meet a person for a job interview: warm, real, enterprise-like. it’s the look you should have to your photograph.
Face the digicam – don’t appearance faraway from the camera. Use a near-up shot in order that humans can nevertheless see your face virtually in the thumbnail pics in seek results.
No image is bad for commercial enterprise
A terrible photo of you is better than no photo. don’t use an avatar photo. persist with a photograph.
I generally reject freelancers in the event that they don’t have a image. I assume folks that do not have a photograph have some thing to hide, subsequently can’t be depended on. and i may not hire a person I can’t trust.
3- Promote yourself for your cowl letter:
If your job title and photo grabs my interest, i’ll examine your profile cover letter or description for more information.
So write a profile cowl letter that sells YOU and what you have to provide. you’re competing with hundreds, even lots, of freelancers.
Think about your cover letter as a income letter. if you need assist writing a sales letter, rent a high-quality copywriter.
If you can’t find the money for to hire a wonderful copywriter, rent a median one. because an average copywriter will nearly really do a higher process of writing your copy than you.
7 tips on how to write a cover letter that attracts employers
if you need to write the quilt letter yourself, here are 7 recommendations:
- Inform capacity customers what makes you stick out from different freelancers: for example, “i have worked over 10 years at Microsoft.” – now that might make you stand out!
- Point out your experience (if you have any): as an instance, “i have over 10 years of palms-on experience doing seo for small corporations to Fortune a thousand customers.” – now it is reassuring!
- Highlight your best skills: i’ve visible some distance too many freelancers make the error of bringing up too many competencies they have little experience in.
whilst i am seeking out ability freelancers to invite, i’d cross for a person who has 10 years of experience within the important capabilities i am seeking out, over someone who’s got 1 to two years of experience in 20 distinct skills.
Include capabilities and benefits every customer loves:
- Guaranteed to meet cut-off dates – peace of thoughts.
- Proactive in supplying positive ideas – added cost.
- Available 8am to 10pm, 6 days every week – continually available.
- Accessible through e-mail, immediate messaging, Skype, telephone, etc. – without difficulty on hand.
- Delight guaranteed – peace of thoughts.
- Create a concise, compact cover letter: humans don’t have the patience to read long uninteresting letters.
So edit out the fluff till you can edit no more. have a look at every sentence, each phrase, and determine whether you can dispose of or edit it down,Say everything you want to mention. however no greater. much less is more. that is copywriting one hundred and one.
- Communicate in phrases of what the consumer gets: fact: we are all egocentric. clients aren’t any special. They need to recognize what you could do for them.
So wherein feasible, talk approximately what the customer will receive, in preference to how extraordinary you are. So construct sentences with that during thoughts. Use “You” instead of “I”.
- Rather than “i have been doing SEO in view that 1998”, use “With over 14 years of enjoy in search engine optimization, you may make sure i have the experience to attain the effects you want”.
- In place of “i am constantly reachable”, use “you can contact me anytime thru electronic mail, on the spot messaging, Skype, or smartphone, from 8am to 10pm, 6 days per week”.
you spot the difference?
- Spell test and proofread your profile: profiles with spelling mistakes and negative grammar simply tells ability clients you are lazy and sloppy. Who wants to lease a lazy and sloppy freelancer?
So run your cowl letter via a spell checker. maximum textual content editors have one. And re-examine your profile out loud, slowly. Get a person else to examine it too. those two strategies assist to identify mistakes.
4- Galvanize with excessive talent check scores:
But simplest take talent tests in case you’re assured of having excessive marks – ninetieth percentile or better.
Having a gaggle of talent check ratings inside the fiftieth percentile is not magnificent. it’d inform ability clients which you’re now not that exact, which could harm your chances.
English test caution!
Do not take English checks in case your English is not that amazing.
I’ve seen profiles where the freelancer has stated that they fee their English five out of 5, yet they only were given a 25th percentile rating in the English check. Duh! 🙂
5- Building up your paintings records:
I constantly appearance to look if capability hires have experience doing comparable paintings to the job i’m hiring for.
whilst you first sign up at a freelance site you need to compete with freelancers who have lots of labor history.
The way to overcome your lack of work records is to offer to do paintings for as little money as viable. i’d suggest paintings for free however I do not suppose freelance websites permit that.
Provide an explanation for to potential customers for your cowl letter that your preferred price is $40 in keeping with hour, or some thing it could be.
And you’re simplest imparting this unique introductory charge of say $2 per hour to accumulate your work records.
Human beings continually love a good deal. Employers are much more likely to take a danger when the charge is so low.
In case you provide $2 an hour without explaining why your rate is so low, capability customers will assume you are just reasonably-priced and likely no proper.
Begin with tiny jobs which can be brief to complete – like 10 to fifteen mins. Slowly increase the dimensions of the jobs you’re taking on and your hourly fee.
Do not come upon as desperate although. give an explanation for to capability clients that you’re supplying a high-quality deal for a restricted time only and that the provide won’t be to be had while you building up your paintings history and may charge better quotes.
Assuming you do a remarkable task on every occasion, soon you may be earning the hourly fee you choice very quickly in any respect.
6- Purpose for top customer ratings and feedback with every activity:
Your client rankings and remarks will make or damage your freelance profession.
So make sure you goal for top client ratings and remarks with every task by using doing a extremely good process.
After I examine customer rankings and comments, i am looking for language that announces the freelancer does a high-quality process whenever.
I’m seeking out superlatives like “outstanding”, “first-rate” and “perfect” inside the comments.
To get your customers to use those superlatives, you need to WOW them through giving a hundred and fifty% to each activity.
If I study feedback that makes use of words like “competent”, “pretty desirable” or “pretty exact”, it gives me the influence that the freelancer didn’t do such a outstanding process.
I don’t need to take a big gamble that the freelancer would possibly only decide to do a “pretty right” job for me. I want someone who’d do a high-quality job whenever.
you could escape with doing a “fairly suitable” task in a 9 to 5 job.
However whilst you’re freelancing, the jobs will quickly dry up in case you do not provide it your fine every time.
There are masses, if now not hundreds, of freelancers who’re eager to do a higher process than you. So do a fantastic job or do not do it at all.
7- Impress along with your portfolio:
Only consist of your high-quality paintings in your portfolio. in case your best paintings isn’t likely to WOW capability customers, depart it out.
a ways too regularly I see portfolios with average paintings which does extra harm and exact. recollect: best over amount.
In case you’re just beginning out, create some sample paintings. make sure it’s your satisfactory paintings. upload it for your portfolio. this may deliver capacity clients an idea of what you could do.
8- Respond to potential clients quick:
Inside the world of on-line freelancing, hiring selections are frequently made in hours, now not days or even weeks. that is particularly true for small quick jobs.
allow me tell you a story…
There has been one time I had spent hours looking to repair a Facebook Like button trouble on my website and was getting annoyed.
In the long run I determined I wanted help. I desired someone to repair the issue as soon as viable.
So I published the activity on oDesk. I obtained numerous responses. i discussed the job with every respondent, but a few took longer than others to reply.
In the end I took a threat on my 2d choice due to the fact he replied quicker to my communications and promised to fix the problem right away.
I didn’t go together with my first desire, even though he appeared just like the maximum certified, sincerely because he was too slow to reply.
Whilst he ultimately responded, he said something alongside the traces of, “Oh! I didn’t recognize you wanted the task carried out so fast”.
Due to that, he misplaced an easy process and a capacity long term patron.
The ethical of the story is reply to capability clients quick. i might also advocate preserve to reply quick at some stage in the process.
9- Respond to capability clients in my view:
On this international of era, a private contact may be the distinction among fulfillment and failure.
I always forget about general normal responses that appear to be the freelancer has used for each software. Such responses supply me the impact that the freelancer is lazy and my process is simply one in every of many jobs they have implemented for.
I’m constantly impressed by way of freelancers who take some time to:
- Deal with the specific issues outlined within the process.
- Explain why they may be the first-class candidate for the task.
- Show me that they have the competencies to do a extremely good activity.
- Show me they’ve the revel in by means of providing stay examples of comparable jobs they’ve completed.
10- Proactively locate jobs:
In case you’re under-employed, specially while you’re starting out, move locate and apply for freelance jobs. do not anticipate jobs to come to you.
here are three suggestions that will help you proactively find jobs:
Sign up to all of the top freelance sites:
You’ll discover a list of the pinnacle freelance web sites in addition down this web page.
Join up to computerized e mail updates of new freelance jobs which you’re interested in. some freelance web sites offer this selection. Others provide RSS feeds.
To comply with RSS feeds, use this type of services:
-Use a unfastened RSS reader including Google Reader.
-Receive electronic mail updates the use of FeedBlitz. truly enter the address of the web site that you want to song and FeedBlitz will e mail you routinely for free.
I take advantage of FeedBlitz to e mail me the today’s blog posts from approximately forty of my preferred blogs. 😉
Propose new projects to existing clients:
Maximum business owners/managers face many enterprise challenges.
Take a look at your customers’ websites and make a listing of challenges they face. propose new initiatives to help them solve the ones demanding situations.
Process thoughts for net developers
For example, if you’re an internet developer you could:
– Endorse to add or improve capabilities inside the internet site’s search engine to assist customers locate products extra without difficulty.
– Endorse to improve the e-newsletter subscription shape that doesn’t require the person to depart the webpage they’re on.
Task thoughts for writers
In case you’re a creator you may:
-Propose subjects and titles for new articles.
-Propose to spell check and proof read your customers’ websites.
-Recommend developing a weblog or e-newsletter to force visitors to the website.
-Advocate to write down and publish articles to article web sites to pressure site visitors to your clients’ websites.
Ask customers for referrals:
Assuming you have achieved a excellent activity, your customers must be satisfied to refer you to their pals.
If you aren’t getting many referrals, offer to pay customers a 5% or 10% referral commission fee.
A few customers would possibly respond with, “I don’t just like the concept of making money from my pals.”
You can respond with: “I understand. i would be satisfied to make a donation on your name to your favorite charity alternatively.” 🙂
Does it seem like too much work?
If all of this seems like too much work for you, then I’d suggest you stick to your 9 to 5 job.
Working freelance offers a lot of benefits. But you must realize that freelancing is actually harder than 9 to 5 work – not easier.
Freelance jobs availability table
Here’s a table of my top 6 freelance jobs websites, ranked by the number of open jobs at the time of writing.
Top seven freelance job sites
Here are my top 7 freelance job sites, ranked by the number of open freelance jobs.
Unless stated otherwise, all freelance job sites offer jobs in all the major categories: web and software development, writing and translation, admin support, design and multimedia, customer service, sales and marketing, and business services.
Is by far the most active freelance jobs marketplace with over 40,200 open freelance jobs at the time of writing.oDesk adds a service fee of 10% onto the payment paid to the freelancer.Here’s what it looks like from the employer’s perspective:
$20 per hour (charged to employer)
-$2 per hour (-10% oDesk fee)
$18 per hour (paid to freelancer)
Here’s what it looks like from the freelancer’s perspective:
$18 per hour (paid to freelancer)
$2 per hour (10% oDesk fee)
$20 per hour (charged to employer)
U.S. freelancers get paid via account via PayPal, ACH Transfer or Payoneer. Non-U.S. freelancers get paid via PayPal, international wire transfer, Payoneer or Skrill (formerly Moneybookers).
Why I use oDesk
I have outsourced nine freelance jobs on oDesk that have cost from $50 to $14,000. I’ve paid freelancers $5 to $40 an hour.
I was originally drawn to oDesk because of their Work Diary tools. The tools allowed me to monitor my contractors and see that the freelancer was indeed working the hours I was being charged.
These oDesk Work Diary tools include:
- time tracker which takes a screenshot of the freelancer’s computer every ten minutes and records the number of mouse clicks and keystrokes.
- camera feature which takes regular webcam snapshots of the freelancer to show clients they are at their desk working.
For the freelancer the Work Diary keeps track of time worked and helps ensure that they’re paid for the verified time they’ve worked.
oDesk oConomy offers some impressive stats (correct at the time of writing):
- In April, 2012:
- freelancers earned $27,759,542.
- freelancers worked 2,750,021 hours.
- 143,746 freelance jobs were posted.
- In 2011:
- freelancers earned more than $220 million.
- over a million freelance jobs were posted.
oDesk has been featured in major news outlets such as The Washing Post, Forbes, Bloomberg, and Fox Business.
They have over 570,000 freelancers and raised $44 million in funding to date. I think it’s safe to say you can trust oDesk. 🙂
Is a popular freelance jobs platform with over 16,700 open freelance jobs at the time of writing. Elance charges a service fee between 6.75% and 8.75% of the hourly rate or fixed price quoted by freelancers.There are two service fees:
- 6.75%: discounted service fee for relationships that exceed $10,000 and new relationships referred to Elance.
- 8.75%: standard service fee for relationships less than $10,000.
U.S. freelancers get paid via account via ACH Transfer, check, Payoneer or PayPal. Non-U.S. freelancers get paid via international wire transfer, Payoneer, PayPal or Skrill (formerly Moneybookers).
The Global Online Employment Report – Q2 2012 offer some impressive stats (correct at the time of writing):
- Freelance jobs posted: 197,000
- Contractor earnings: $47,000,000
- New clients: 81,000
- New contractors: 207,000
Elance Trends offers these stats:
- Lifetime value of jobs posted: $2,632,571,741
- Lifetime number of jobs posted: 2,519,652 jobs posted.
- Registered contractors: 1,700,868
- Lifetime contractor earnings: $597,200,743
I also like the “Jobs by Skill” charts (PHP jobs chart to the right) which gives you an idea of the average job budget, average hourly rate and quarterly job growth rate for all kinds of skills.
Elance has been featured in major news outlets such as Forbes, Bloomberg, Time, and Fox Business.
They’ve raised $78 million in funding to date. I think it’s safe to say Elance is a company you can trust. 🙂
Is an Australia based freelance marketplace with over 12,000 open freelance jobs at the time of writing.Freelancer is the only freelance marketplace I came across that charges both employers and freelancers.Employer and freelancer membership plans:
- Free: $0 – limited to just 10 bids a month.
- Basic: $4.95 per month.
- Standard: $24.95 per month.
- Premium: $49.95 per month.
Freelancers can bid on projects for free. When you accept an offer you’re charged the following fee, depending on your membership type:
- Free and Basic members: $5 or 10%, whichever is higher.
- Standard members: $4 or 5%, whichever is higher.
- Premium members: $3 or 3%, whichever is higher.
Hourly projects are only charged the percentage rates shown above, not the dollar amount. Full-time projects are exempt from all project fees. That’s interesting!
Note: Australian members pay 10% GST on all fees. Oh man, that includes me! 🙁
Freelancer offer some impressive stats (correct at the time of writing):
- 3,461,000 users.
- $128,747,000 earned.
- 1,633,000 projects.
Freelancer has been featured in major news outlets such as The Sydney Morning Herald, Financial Times, The New York Times and Bloomberg.
Is a freelance job site with over 4,750 open freelance jobs at the time of writing.Guru offers an escrow feature, called SafePay, that helps freelancers avoid unpaid invoices.At the start of the project, the employer pays Guru.com 100% of the project’s value. When the employer approves the work, Guru.com pays the freelancer.If there’s a dispute, Dispute Resolution Services, including Mediation and Arbitration are provided.
Membership prices are based on three criteria: skill category, membership type (Guru or Guru Vendor) and membership term (monthly or annual). Annual memberships are 50% off the monthly rate.
- Basic membership: free.
- Guru membership: $9.95 to $34.95 per month or $59.95 to $199.95 per year.
- Guru Vendor membership: $12.94 to $45.44 per month or $77.94 to $259.94 per year.
Guru charge all freelancers either a 4.5% or 9% project fee based on profile membership type. The fee is taken from the the employer’s payment.
- Guru and Guru Vendor members: 4.5% project fee.
- Basic members: 9% project fee.
Payment processing fee
Guru also charge freelancers a 2.95% payment processing fee to cover the costs of payment processing, credit card fees, and PayPal fees. The fee is subtracted from the employer’s payment.
Freelancers can withdraw earnings via direct deposit, PayPal, international wire transfer ($9 fee), check ($3 fee), or Payoneer Prepaid MasterCard.
(previously known as Rentacoder) is a freelance jobs marketplace with over 1,760 open freelance jobs at the time of writing.vWorker doesn’t charge membership fees. It adds between 6.5% and 15% (minimum $3) to the winning bid. So freelancers receive what they bid. The employer pays the additional vWorker fee.Freelancers are paid via PayPal, Payoneer pre-paid debit/credit card, Payoneer ACH (U.S. only), Payoneer direct bank transfer, Skrill (formerly Moneybookers), check and Western Union.vWorker offers freelancers 3 payment guarantees:
- Pay for deliverable: vWorker guarantees that if you complete the contracted work by the deadline or pre-agreed milestone, and it’s up to industry standards, then you’ll be paid.
- Pay for time: vWorker guarantees you’ll be paid for every hour you work on an employer’s project.
- Crowdsourcing contest: vWorker guarantees:
- you’ll be paid the prize amount if the employer selects your submission as the winner.
- there’ll be a winner if the employer guarantees to award the prize.
Other vWorker stats (correct at the time of writing):
- 178,500 employers.
- 366,800 freelancers.
vWorker has been featured in major news outlets such as The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, Forbes and Inc.
Is a UK based freelance marketplace with over 1,700 open freelance jobs at the time of writing.The majority of the freelancers are from Europe (62.1%) and Asia (25%). Just 6.7% of freelancers are from the United States.The majority of clients are from the UK (59.6%). 9.7% are from the U.S., 7.6% from India, 2.8% from Pakistan, and 1.3% from Philippines.
- Standard: free – 10% service fee.
- Gold: £7.95 per month – 5.5% service fee.
- Platinum: £14.95 per month – 4.5% service fee.
There’s a minimum service fee of £2/€2.50/$3.
PeoplePerHour.com charge a flat 1.9% (minimum £0.50) for credit/debit cards and PayPal transfers.
PeoplePerHour.com offer a couple of interesting stats:
- 87.6% of bids are awarded to freelancers with feedback of 5 stars. 9.8% had 4 stars. That’s proof that you must aim for top ratings if you want to win jobs.
- 86.5% of bids were awarded to freelancers with mind-range bids. Just 9% went to the lowest bidder. 5.9% went to the highest bidder. That’s proof that the lowest bid isn’t necessarily the most profitable.
Other PeoplePerHour.com stats (correct at the time of writing):
- 74,500 clients.
- 140,700 jobs posted.
- Average hourly rate is £47.
- £49,138,000 is the estimated value of jobs posted.
- 203,000 freelancers.
PeoplePerHour.com featured in major news outlets such as Bloomberg, The Daily Telegraph, Daily Mirror and Financial Times.
Other freelance job sites
I also found these freelance job sites but they only have 100 to 200 open freelance jobs. That’s a fraction of what the top 6 freelance job sites offer.
So I’d suggest you stick with the top 6 freelance job sites.
- Freelancers Outpost.
- ScriptLance was acquired by Freelancer.com in July, 2012.